America’s Children Need Your Help this Christmas!
True fact folks, 1 in 4 Americans struggle with the reality of hunger and food insecurity. It’s not something we often stop to consider, except maybe when we see the little red Salvation Army buckets in front of stores during the holiday season. But for many kids struggling to make it day in and day out in our local cities, town, and neighborhoods, the feeling of what it’s like to count on three steady meals a day just isn’t a reality.
Please click the image above to help!
Here are the statistics:
- More than 16 million children in America are at risk of hunger. That’s more than 1 in 5.
- 15.7 million children in America live in poverty.
- 18.6 million children benefit from SNAP (food stamps).
- Over 20 million children get a free or reduced-price school lunch on an average school day.
- Only 10.5 million children get a free or reduced-price school breakfast on an average school day.
- 6 out of 7 children do not get the free summer meals they are eligible for.
* Sources: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture; U.S. Census Bureau; Food Research and Action Center.
Thank You For Our Daily Bread…
As a teacher, I see kids everyday who come to school without the nutrition they need. In fact, a very high percentage of our student population receives either free or dramatically reduced lunch benefits.
Here, in America – the greatest nation in the world – we have hungry kids. . . and a hungry child is a disadvantaged child. When children fall behind nutritionally, they can’t grow, develop and learn like other kids. Studies show that undernourished kids have trouble focusing and getting along with their peers. They are often plagued by often of headaches, stomachaches and other physical illnesses. In short, they fall behind in nearly every way.
It doesn’t have to be this way. There are plenty of nutritional food choices in America to be sure every needy child gets the meals that they need. What’s missing is access to this food. If families don’t have steady and consistent access to healthy, affordable food, they can’t possibly feed their children well.
Here’s How You Can Help
The ViSalus Body by Vi Challenge has helped thousands of people achieve their personal health and fitness goals. In the spirit of contribution, ViSalus is proud to launch the Body by Vi Community Challenge, an initiative that allows you to donate meals to children and families who don’t have the means to get the nutrition they need each day.
We have made it our goal as a company to donate 1,000,000 meals through this Challenge, and with your help we can make a significant difference in a child’s life starting today.
- Donate 30 servings of Vi-Shape® Nutritional Shake Mix for just $24 and ViSalus will match with an additional 30 meals!
- Feed a child for less than 50 cents per meal!
- Make an impact in your community, and around the country!
For Justine and me, we know the Orlando Children’s Church is a direct beneficiary of this great program. Your generosity can shape the future of communities across our great Nation and in your very own cities and towns.
Filed under Community by